Learn how to create a Portal below. Note: This document covers basic settings only. More advanced documentation coming soon.
What is a Portal?
A Portal is a collection of Publications. You can embed your Portal(s) on your WordPress, Typo3 or Joomla based website. Using yawave generated embed code provided to you when you create a Portal, you can embed Portals on any website.
- Click Collect/Portals.
- Click Create Portal.
- Enter the portal name in the Portal field (Note: This field has an 80 character limit.). If an additional language is needed, click Add Translation and select a language from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a description for the portal in the Description field (Note: This field has a 160 character limit.).
- Upload a thumbnail by clicking the Thumbnail image box. Note: You can also drag and drop an image over the Thumbnail image box.
- Upload a cover image by clicking the Cover image box. Note: You can also drag and drop an image over the Cover image box.
- Enter a URL-friendly version of the portal name in the Permalink Settings field. Note: The Permalink Settings field is automatically populated with the Portal name you entered in Step 1 above. This field is also referred to as a slug.
yawave also shows you the URL Preview using the slug you entered.
- Click the category(ies) you want to be shown in this Portal from the Categories drop-down menu. Note: You can click more that one category. If no categories are shown in the drop-down menu, this means you haven't created categories for your Publications yet. Read the Create a Category instructions and create your category(ies), then come back to this step and select your category(ies) from the Category drop-down menu. Make sure you click Save before creating additional categories.
Publications will not be shown in your Portal if:
- you have not created and configured one or more categories.
- Click Save.
Configure Branding or review Onboarding Steps.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500